Our Client has a fantastic Occupational Therapist band 5 - 7 Permanent vacancies in their outstanding school as identified by Ofsted and have recently been awarded an Advanced Accredited status by the National Autistic Society, Our client has campuses in Basingstoke.
Occupational Therapist band 5 - 7 Permanent
Location : Basingstoke
Salary: £24,907-£44,503 - (negotiable dep on Exp)
Hours: Full Time
Client Group: Special School
No sponsorship available
They would like candidates willing to travel between the sites however, they would look to place the candidate in the best location in order to minimise travel.
Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to establish and develop :
* an occupational therapy service to meet the needs of pupils across the academy
* continuing professional development program for the school staff in line with the schools development plan, delivering training as appropriate
* an integrated approach to embedding therapeutic strategies across the curriculum which will provide support for students with ASC and SEMH (including those to support sensory processing difficulties, self-care and life skills, fine motor skills, gross motor and coordination skills, visual perception skills, etc.)
* a range of targeted and specialist interventions to meet specific functional needs within the environment as part of a holistic, integrated approach
* Occupational Therapy is governed by, and should adhere to, HCPC and RCOT standards in addition to Chiltern Way Academy policies
* Make day to day decisions about their clinical work
* Be responsible for the day to day management and prioritisation of workload, participate in clinical supervision sessions, and where appropriate, provide formal supervision to peers.
* To communicate effectively with children, families and colleagues using appropriate strategies and modifying communication style as required to take account of the communication partner's needs. This might involve using interpreters, communication aids or different communication modalities. In challenging situations, advice and support should be sought from Lead Therapist, the SENCO or Head of Campus.
* To keep abreast with current thinking and developments by attendance at appropriate courses, reading and other means of professional updating and training.
To undertake other duties of an appropriate nature as may be reasonably requested by the Head teacher.
Qualification, relevant specialist knowledge and skills required
* Recognised professional qualification in Occupational Therapy
* HCPC and RCOT registration
* Evidence of working within a multidisciplinary team with children or adults with ASC or SEMH
* Sensory Integration training qualifications (minimum level 2)
* Evidence of participating in/running training
* Evidence of application of theoretical underpinning of practice
* Evidence of application of functional, goal orientated, outcome focused interventions within a school context (preferably with sensory integration experience and formal training)
* Fantastic opportunity
* Excellent team to work with
* Progression within the role
* Superb salary
For a full JD please contact firstname.lastname@example.org