Our Clint has a fantastic opportunity for a permanent Occupational Therapist Band 6 in their London clinic.
Specialist Occupational Therapist Band 6 - Permanent
Location: South West London
Salary: Starting salary: £40,994.00 - (dep on exp)
Hours: Full Time
Specialty: Neuro Rehab Clinic
Sponsorship offered to candidates in the UK already only.
This Clinic is one of the leading providers of specialised medical care in the world, focused on providing clinical excellence and superior patient outcomes for almost 6 million patient visits per year across more than 200 locations. They employ over 65,000 caregivers worldwide and continue to drive innovation in healthcare.
Clinic opened their first healthcare facility in London in 2021 and plan to open of their state-of-the art 184 bed hospital in 2022. With over 100 years of history, their "Patients First" philosophy will be at the heart of their Clinic in London and the goal of their team is to create an environment that continues to delivers world-class clinical care.
* You will work as an autonomous practitioner within the multidisciplinary team, assessing.
* Treating and managing patients with neurological disorders including acquired brain injury, Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness (PDoC), neuro-oncology, spinal cord injury and progressive disorders (e.g. multiple sclerosis).
* You will be predominantly working on their 42 bed, dedicated neurological rehabilitation unit, with full provision of therapy equipment and robotic capabilities.
* Clinical support may also be provided to other specialities within Cleveland Clinic London such as neurosurgery, orthopaedic and general surgery.
* You will deliver specialist skills in assessment and treatment of cognitive and physical deficits, complex postural management and seating, ADL retraining and complex discharge planning, working alongside Consultants who are experts in their field
* Be legally and professionally responsible for all aspects of your work including safe and effective management of clinical and non-clinical caseloads
* Effectively apply clinical reasoning to assess, progress, adapt and treat patients seeking guidance at appropriate times to ensure safe and effective care
* Be able to identify risk within clinical setting including potential safety issues around care and discharge and communicate this effectively with support as appropriate.
* Educate and train occupational therapists and other MDT members with innovation and passion around the role of occupational therapy and rehabilitation.
* Take a proactive lead in using routine outcome measures to improve patient care
* Provide highly supportive supervision and coaching to other Caregivers and students
Requirmnts for the role:
* Degree in Occupational Therapy
* Evidence of training / experience in appraisal, supervision of other Caregivers/students
* Evidence of continuous professional / academic development relevant to clinical field
* Evidence of training / experience in basic research skills ( critical appraisal, literature reviews)
In Return Clinet offers:
* 25 days Annual leave plus 8 days Bank holiday a year
* Auto-Enrolment of 5% pension - Cleveland contribute 10% through Salary Exchange
* Private Medical Insurance and Private Dental Insurance
* Life Assurance
* Discounted gym facilities in our Admin Office Building
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Seasonal Ticket Loans
Please contact email@example.com for more information