Our client has a rewarding excellent Occupational Therapy Lead Permanent vacancy working in a service that provides therapeutic and rehabilitation pathways for those affected by neurological or complex care conditions for which challenging behaviour may lead to impairment.
Occupational Therapy Lead Permanent
Location: St Neots Huntingdonshire
Salary: £45,000pa - £50,000pa + £5000 welcome bonus
Hours: Full Time
Client Group: Neurological or complex care centre
This is an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
As the Therapy Lead, you will have experience in providing guidance and supervision as you will be responsible for managing the therapy team. This will see you coordinate and evaluate the therapy provision, develop therapeutic activities, manage the Therapy Assistants and provide training. You will also provide personalised Occupational Therapy interventions to the patients on your caseload, be involved in assessments of patients coming into the service and support with the discharge planning of those who have recovered and are moving on from the service.
* Contribute to planning and development of the service
* To chair clinical meetings as required i.e reviews, MDT, goal planning
* To co-ordinate the Therapy Assistants' timetables and support them to provide a range of innovative and therapeutic activities, groups and projects.
* Oversee the qualified OT, Physio and SLT within the team and provide support as required.
* Effectively manage and carry your own patient caseload
* You will oversee the equipment ordering and purchases for the service and maintain contact with external equipment providers
* Ensure completion of accurate documentation and reports for patient review meetings.
* Write care plans and ensure these are updated monthly demonstrating clinical evidence based practiced throughout.
* Conduct monthly supervision for staff within your team
* Assist patients to access the community and engage in meaningful occupation.
* Promote positive teamwork within the Therapy and Nursing teams, facilitating good communication, mutual support and team cohesion.
* Keep the Hospital Director updated with any relevant issues and liaise with the Senior Management Team.
* To ensure that quality standards and effectiveness of resident care are continually monitored and improved.
* Be actively involved in Fall's Management within the service, providing a report to Clinical Governance on a monthly basis.
* Attend clinical governance and senior management meetings.
* Recognise own competencies and areas for development, taking responsibility for meeting those needs through reflective practice and liaison with the Hospital Director.
* Annual salary of £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits. DOE (37.5 hours a week)
* £5000 welcome bonus
* The equivalent of 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) - plus your birthday off!
* Free meal on duty and parking
* Wellbeing support and activities
* Career development and training
* Pension contribution
* Life Assurance
* Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org