Just OT are recruiting for an experienced, HCPC registered, Senior Occupational Therapy to work with our well-respected client based in the West Midlands.
We are recruiting a Senior Occupational Therapist within our adaptations team. The ideal candidate with have experience with major adaptations and the DFG process.
The candidate will be required to assess, recommend, prescribe equipment, refer for minor and major adaptations. The candidate will need to have strong communication and multi tasking skills. Specific Accountabilities
1. To provide a co-ordinated approach to the assessment of need and produce outcome focused Occupational Therapy plans.
2. To have a positive approach to risk taking that empowers an individual and focuses on their assets and demonstrates a strength based approach.
3. To provide a co-ordinated approach to the assessment of needs of an individual
4. To undertake assessment of need of service users who require a complex assessment, co-ordinating those assessments where multi-disciplinary input is required in accordance with the Directorates protocols.
5. To respond to requests for assessment for equipment and adaptation in a timely manner.
6. To provide functional assessments within the community and at the Assisted Living Centre.
7. To make recommendations, based on assessed need for the provision of aids to daily living and adaptations.
8. To ensure that these recommendations are carried out, making appropriate use of specialist skills in other departments.
9. To ensure that any equipment supplied is fitted and demonstrated safely and clients instructed on the safe use of equipment.
10. To demonstrate Moving and Handling of people skills, providing appropriate advice and recommending appropriate equipment as needed
11. To be aware of appropriate techniques with respect of the moving and handling of objects during your practice eg. walking frame, commode
12. To review the effect of OT intervention on client's function i.e. were outcomes achieved to provide a sensitive, flexible and appropriate response to individual service users and their carers.
13. To be aware of carers needs and offer carers assessments as per Care Act legislation.
14. To undertake supervisory responsibility for Occupational Therapists, Assistant Care Co-ordinators and Team assistants, to include case load supervision and case closure.
15. To deputise for the Assistant Team Manager/Team Manager as required. 16. To use own vehicle insured for business purposes to undertake home assessments and to transport aids to daily living as required
17. To maintain records and write reports in accordance with the Directorates Policy and Procedure
18. To work within the Professional Code of Conduct of Occupational Therapists 19. To be a committed team worker and participate in working towards targets and monitoring and evaluating the work of the Directorate
Pay Rate: £28.00 per hour
Car driver essential
Essential Requirements: HCPC registration, Social Services Experience
Not available for this position Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
Additional benefits include:
-A dedicated one to one service
-Fast track registration process
-Excellent rates of pay
-Assistance with travel and accommodation
-Weekly pay - on time, every time
-Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
-No Registration Fee!
-Free online training available