JustOT are looking for a Mental Health OT to work with their client based in London
Band 6 OT
Part time - flexible re working hours
Salary - £36,135 pro rata
Our client in London is looking for a Mental Health OT to work on a part time basis with their client based in London
Our client is a registered charity and limited company established in 1991 to provide a recovery service and employment preparation for people who have experienced serious mental health problems and are socially isolated.
This is a great opportunity to work in the community using your Occupational Therapy skills and knowledge to make a real difference to the lives of their clients. All interventions are aimed at improving their clients' quality of life and enabling them to achieve their goals. The role requires the use of evidence based practice, assessments and interventions and advising and supporting support staff to manage their caseload. The contribution of the occupational therapist is valued by the team. The present Occupational Therapist is retiring.
You must be HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist and have at least two years' experience in a mental health setting. Professional supervision is available.
1 .To ensure an induction and on-going training programme for trainees is implemented in all departments
2. To ensure trainees complete an appropriate assessment that will measure their strengths and mental wellbeing. At present we use the Warwick/Edinburgh Mental Well-Being questionnaire and the Recovery Star.
3. To ensure goals are set and that trainees achieve these to include managing their lives, improving their mental well-being and their overall performance so that they can be more socially included and engage in a variety of activities including open employment.
4. To actively plan and implement interventions with trainees on an individual/group basis including participating yourself in order to act as a model for trainees
5. To develop and maintain our network of providers and liaise with external agencies in relation to individual trainees and attend meetings where appropriate
6. Assist in providing a safe environment for staff and trainees to work in
7. Assist in ensuring that the appropriate equipment and materials is available to provide a service to trainees
8. Review and adhere to the policies and procedures related to work with trainees To collect data required
9. To provide placements for OT students and others doing work placements ensuring they have a positive experience
1.To assist the CEO with the development of the organisation, the smooth and safe running of the organisation and to actively participate in the general running of the whole site
2. To ensure the work is carried out at a high standard
3.To assist the manager in ordering provisions, materials and equipment for use of trainees
4. To be responsible for ensuring the implementation of and adherence to all regulations, guidance, legislation and policies, related to trainees and the staff including COSSH, Health and Safety, to include the relevant data related to trainees
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please call Alison on 0207 045 3327