JustOT are looking for a band 6 Mental Health OT to work with their client in Guernsey.
Band 6 Mental Health Occupational Therapist
Salary £34,763 - £41, 956
37.5 hours per week
Our client in Guernseyare looking for a Band 6 OT to work in a Mental health setting.
Essential Knowledge, Understanding and Values
* Understanding of and respect for patients with mental health issues
* Understanding of the mental health act
* Promote people's equality, diversity and rights
* Understanding of and respect for the importance of maintaining and practicing privacy, dignity and confidentiality
* Ensure actions contribute to quality
* Knowledge of physical health problems
* Knowledge of the individual's responsibility towards health and safety
* Understanding and practice of complaints handling
* Understanding of working with other agencies/multi-disciplinary working
* Knowledge of using Occupational Therapy assessment tools
* Should possess a good understanding of the complex nature of the various patient groups.
* Ability to treat patients with mental health illnesses and disabilities with respect and sensitivity
* Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate programs of care
* Ability to work collaboratively as a clinical team and work collaboratively with patients
* Ability to work alone
* Excellent communication skills; oral, written and non-verbal
* Excellent listening skills
* Present reports and use data effectively
* Maintain clear and legible documentation
* Good IT skills
* Numeracy skills
* Ability to demonstrate an organised approach to work, prioritise and meet deadlines
* Use own initiative and take decisions
* To be able to work within the organisations policies and procedures at all times
* Ability to participate physically in control and restraint training and practices.
* Ability to carry out physical duties such as personal care when required.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please call Alison on 0207 045 3327