JustOT have an exciting opportunity for a senior OT to work in a special school based in Uxbridge.The school offer day, residential and short-break provision for children and young people with moderate to severe complex learning needs and associated speech, language and communication difficulties, including autistic spectrum disorders (ASD).
Occupational Therapist, Uxbridge.
£30K- 40K per annum + Benefits
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and forward thinking Occupational Therapists who will provide support to a pre-defined caseload of school age children who have a range of functional motor, sensory and behavioural difficulties. You will be expected to have excellent interpersonal skills as well as exemplary written and spoken communication skills. You will need to be organized; have excellent IT skills; a good knowledge of the education system as it relates to classroom practice; and to provide supervision for Band 5 colleagues.
The successful candidate will be:
- Relevant experience at post graduate level & 4 years experience in paediatrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills - including observation, listening and empathy skills
- Good knowledge and Understanding of Part 3 of Children and Families Act 2014
- Negotiation and Problem solving Skills
- Demonstrates good analytical and reflection skills
- Well developed concentration skills
- Working knowledge of relevant information technology
- Demonstrates ability to be a good team member
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant assessment tools
- Skills in planning, assessing and implementing relevant intervention
- Awareness of the principles of clinical governance /audit
For more information, please contact Everton on 0207 613 7573 if you would like to discuss further.