JustOT is recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a qualified and motivated occupational therapist to join a Children's Therapy Centre in Central London. The successful candidate will work directly with children (infants - young adults) with neurodevelopmental disorders, sensory processing difficulties, dyspraxia, ASD and ADHD diagnosis and learning disabilities, and working alongside other professionals including ABA therapist and speech and language therapist.
Paediatric Occupational Therapist Central London
Full Time permanent contract
Salary up to 38K DOE
Start Aug/Sept 2019
Qualified occupational therapist
Experience in the field of paediatrics
Trained/familiar with Sensory Integration therapy
Main duties and responsibilities
* In the role of band 6 occupational therapist you will report to the Head of practice (CEO) and work closely with the senior OT.
* To accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of children and to organise this effectively and efficiently with regard to clinical priorities, available resources and use of time.
* To assess the children / parents / carers / understanding of the assessment and treatment process and provide feedback and consultation to parents.
* To undertake scoring, analysing and interpreting assessment materials and apply interventions according to the findings.
* To comply with record keeping, undertaking report writings and activity recommendations.
* To interpret and analyse clinical and non-clinical information to accurately monitor children's progress and goal achievements.
* To effectively communicate with the team of OTs, ABA therapist and SLT, discussing complex cases, the child's performance and capacities and plan treatment plan alongside the multidisciplinary team.
* To provide specialist advice to parents and children who need support at home and school.
* If necessary, to conduct local home and school visits.
* To actively participate in team meetings, trainings and be pro-active for own learning.
* Excellent ability to work with Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Training and supervision
The successful candidate will be trained and given a handover for therapy, and standard company benefits including paid holidays and training and support.
If you would lke more information regarding this role call Everton 0207 613 7573.