JustOT is recruiting for a specialist college based in West Drayton Our client is a newly expanded trust with an Outstanding Ofsted rating, their friendly and successful Therapy team works in partnership with lecturers/teachers and support staff across all our sites.
They provide a non-residential, stimulating learning environment for students across a wide range of diagnoses including moderate/severe/and profound learning disabilities, Autism, physical disabilities, mental health and additional diagnoses.
Occupational Therapist Band 6 West Drayton
Young Adults with Learning Difficulties
Part Time 1 day or Fulltime covering another college location in Camberwell
Term Time only
Band 6 - £26,887 to £36,629 DOE
Start Aug/Sept 2019
They require an Occupational Therapist Specialist to work as part of our dynamic multi-disciplinary team (including SALTs, Physiotherapists and Music Therapists) to support our learners in accessing all aspects of the curriculum, as well as liaising with parents/carers and other external professionals and agencies. You will work closely with teaching staff, helping to integrate therapy and learning objectives, as well as instructing and supporting teaching staff in delivering therapy programmes and use of specialised equipment.
Your experience will include
- working with 12-16 year olds with young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Good knowledge and experience working with students with sensory processing difficulties, attachment difficulties and/or developmental coordination difficulties.
- Carrying out 1:1 work and group activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to travel to other sites as required for meetings
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of team
- Experience writing EHCP and reports
Employee benefits include:
- Line management and clinical supervision
- A programme of continuing professional development
- Supportive team
- Opportunities to develop skills and competencies in working with students/children with a range of ages and diagnoses within the academy trust
- The role all year round, but applications for term time only will be considered.
- 40 days annual leave (to be taken outside of term time)
To apply or for further information, please contact Everton Brown on 0207 613 7573