JustOT is working on an exciting paediatric opportunity based in Cranleigh, Surrey. The school provides places for up to 60 pupils aged 4 - 19 and operates for 43 weeks per year divided into three terms.
There is a 1:1 staffing ratio with all pupils receiving an individualised curriculum and comprehensive outreach programme, delivered by a highly qualified specialist teaching team.
Occupational Therapist Job Surrey
Part time 21 hours, term time only
Salary 28K-38K DOE
Start June / July 2019
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our integrated therapy team based just outside Surrey. Working closely with pupils, other therapists teachers and parents to provide specialist direct and indirect therapy for pupils with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Addressing sensory processing difficulties, anxiety & emotional regulation difficulties, motor and perceptual skills and functional life skills.
Duties will include.
* Assessing, planning and implementing appropriate interventions for pupils with a wide range of needs including motor, perceptual, sensory and functional difficulties
* Planning and delivering therapy sessions for individual students and small groups
* Integrating therapy targets into the classrooms including implementing and overseeing teachers running therapy programmes
* Assessing and evaluating therapy outcomes and reporting findings
* Writing reports to contribute to the Annual Review and attend meetings as required
* Providing clinical supervision for Junior Occupational Therapists and Therapy Assistants
* Demonstrating clinical effectiveness by use of evidence based practice and outcome measures
To be considered for this position you must have
A recognised Occupational Therapy degree/qualification
Health Care Professionals Council Licence to practice
Membership with the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
1-2 years proven experience working as an Occupational Therapist (ideally with children or within
Knowledge of special educational needs and Autism Spectrum Disorder
Experience in writing annual review reports to contribute towards Education, Health and Care Plans
A confident, caring and pro-active attitude
In return you will be offered 44 days annual leave, plus bank holiday, salary is paid in 12 equal payments throughout the year, other benefits including -
*Free on-site car parking
*Private health care (Optional)
*Subsidised Gym Membership
*Staff wellbeing programme
*Extensive range of High Street Discounts
If you would like more info call Everton on 0207 613 7573