JustOT is recruiting for three community based Paediatric Occupational Therapists for London areas including Brent, South West London or Surrey. This is a permanent, full-time community-based role to provide reports to the Clinical Services Manager for Paediatrics.
Community Based Occupational Therapist London
Salary £38,000 - £40,000 DOE
Start Mar/April 2019
The successful candidate will be an Occupational Therapist who has excellent experience in paediatrics to work with
children and young people, particularly in the areas of sensory integration, ASD and motor skills.
The role involves assessing children at home or school and preparing comprehensive clinical
assessment reports and recommendations, back with strong clinical reasoning. You will
need to provide the recommended OT intervention for each client such as sensory diets, OT
programmes, 1:1 therapy sessions (at either home, education setting or both settings), parent/
school staff training etc, depending on each client's individual needs.
The primary goal of the service is to make the client feel like they are in safe hands and give them
total confidence and comfort in the knowledge that they are under our care.
Details of the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following core tasks:
* Undertaking comprehensive clinical assessments including a range of standardised/non standardised assessments and clinical observation, depending on each individual's needs and in line with your expert knowledge and experience of the best way of obtaining detailed
information at the assessment stage.
* Managing appointment schedule/caseload effectively and efficiently to maximise use of time.
* Detailed report writing; presenting clinical findings and setting out recommendations to address
areas of identified need. This may include therapy sessions, provision of training, monitoring
and reviews, referrals to other professionals etc
* Carrying out regular treatment sessions in accordance with recommendations and tracking
progress against goals
* Carrying out treatment for children/young people as part of their Education, Health and Care
Plan (for clients up to age 25)
* Contributing ideas and some time to business development and marketing activities
Skills and qualifications
The following skills and qualifications will be required/desirable:
* Fully qualified, HCPC registered Occupational Therapist
* At least 3 to 5 years post qualification experience in paediatric occupational therapy
* Sensory Integration Level 1, desirable but not essential
* Experience in private practice is desirable but not essential
* As a community-based role the therapist you will need you own vehicle and full/clean driving
* Excellent written skills. With particular reference to report writing.
Personal skills & attributes
Fundamental to this role is the character and temperament of the individual. They will be expected
to take responsibility for their caseload of clients which will take a high level of organisation,
efficiency and sense of responsibility. Important personal skills and attributes include:
* Caring, friendly and always willing to listen
* Adaptable in approach and the ability to manage expectations of various parties involved in
Incentive & benefits
This is a challenging but rewarding role, and will have the support of our office-based clinical team
for supervision and guidance on active cases and access to training/CPD. An induction/training
period will be provided.
This role offers a certain degree of flexibility as to working hours/days, and may suit term time only
working. This is an employed role, offering a competitive salary (pro-rata), 23 days holiday plus
bank holidays (pro-rata), healthcare scheme, mobile phone, laptop and other staff benefits.
If you would like more information on this role call Everton on 0207 613 7573.