JustOT have a exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of a new therapy service based in special schools and centres in the London borough of Hounslow.
Occupational Therapist, Hounslow
Full-time 42 weeks per year (Term time +3 weeks)
£25,000 - 34,000 per annum + Benefits
Our client is looking for 2 enthusiastic, motivated and forward thinking Occupational Therapists who will provide support to a pre-defined caseload of school age children in both special schools and mainstream specialist centres who have a range of functional motor, sensory and behavioural difficulties. You will be working from a central base within 1 of 2 hubs based in either the East or the West of the Borough, alongside other Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists; in partnership with the multidisciplinary team, parents and school staff. You will provide training and group packages to schools as needed. You will be expected to have excellent interpersonal skills as well as exemplary written and spoken communication skills. You will need to be organized; have excellent IT skills; a good knowledge of the education system as it relates to classroom practice; and to provide supervision for Band 5 colleagues.
The successful candidate will be:
- Relevant experience at post graduate level & 2 years experience in paediatrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills - including observation, listening and empathy skills
- Good knowledge and Understanding of Part 3 of Children and Families Act 2014
- Negotiation and Problem solving Skills
- Demonstrates good analytical and reflection skills
- Well developed concentration skills
- Working knowledge of relevant information technology
- Demonstrates ability to be a good team member
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant assessment tools
- Skills in planning, assessing and implementing relevant intervention
- Awareness of the principles of clinical governance /audit
- Ability to work independently as appropriate
- Awareness of the roles of other relevant professionals
- Awareness and sensitivity to the needs of clients from a range of ethnic and linguistic backgrounds
- Understanding of local issues relevant to delivery of an Occupational Therapy service
- Awareness of standards of record keeping
- Supervision skills
For more information, please contact Sean on 0207 045 3325.