Rehabilitation Engineer Band 6
Welwyn Garden City
Permanent - Full Time
£25,565 - £35,577 (Pay Review Pending)
*Provide advanced specialist technical knowledge in the areas of complex special seating, wheeled mobility, and pressure care for a wide range of clinical conditions.
*Provide expert opinion, based on advanced engineering knowledge; following analysis and comparison of a range of options, to inform practice and service development.
*Provide innovative solutions to meet the needs of clients with seating and wheeled requirements when no "off the shelf" solution exists. To design and produce technical drawings to enable these solutions to be manufactured.
*Plan and organise ordering and delivery of a broad range of complex equipment.
*Assist other members of the team to prioritise a complex caseload to allow for urgent.
*To support the warehouse (repairer) against the agreed contract and to assist the Operations Manager with the monitoring of performance against the contract.
*Show ability to use and understand a range of information technologies as used for the benefit of clients and staff.
*Contribute to service development and business planning, set goals for service development in conjunction with Head of Service and other team members.
*Have an awareness of budgets, management of resources and efficiency savings.
*Demonstrate problem solving based on expert clinical and technical knowledge, including advanced knowledge of switching and other assistive technologies.
*Maintain an up to date CPD folder, including literature searches and product ideas
What's required from you
*Full Driving Licence - preferably clean - with ability to undertake driving within the catchment area of the Wheelchair Service.
*To be able physically and mentally to carry out all tasks associated with the role, as follows:
* Assess, set up and demonstrate the use of specialised equipment.
* Close physical handling of patients with complex physical or medical conditions, with or without mechanical aids.
* Load equipment in/out of vehicle, usually without assistance.
* Occasional direct contact with body fluids and equipment that is soiled or contaminated.
* Cope with unpredictable patients who may be physically or verbally abusive.
* Crouching, bending, kneeling and holding awkward postures for long periods.
* Work in domestic environments which may have poor lighting, smoky environment, etc.
* High level of concentration is required while administering and interpreting assessments.
* To be able to discuss and explain specific interventions to the patient (eg: whilst adjusting wheelchairs safely and efficiently to suit the User)
The Successful candidate will possess
*Effective interpersonal/written/verbal communication skills, to include people with communication difficulties.
*Computer literate with previous experience of working with standard software applications and databases.
*Experience of working in a mechanical engineering workshop, safe use of hand tools and power tools.
*Demonstrable knowledge and application of mechanical engineering techniques. Experience of working with wheelchair users.
*HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering (or, in the absence of this formal qualification, a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Wheelchair Technician role or a similar position in the private sector.
Rewards and Benefits:
*5% enhanced employer contribution pension scheme
*Private Medical Insurance
*Company mobile phone
*Free on-site parking
*Company sick pay
*Childcare Voucher Scheme
* Staff discount on company purchases
* High street retailer, supermarket and other discounts available
To apply, or for further information, please call Sean Keohan on 0207 045 3325