Occupational Therapist Job London
Permanent - Fulltime
£26,000 - £35,000 per annum + London Weighting
JustOT have an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to work within a NHS Specialist Wheelchair Service located in London. As the Occupational Therapist you will undertake the uni-professional multi-disciplinary and specialist therapy assessments using evidence-based outcome measures, of clients referred to the Wheelchair Service. Ages may range from 30 months onwards and may have multiple pathologies, predominantly affecting their ability to mobilise independently. You will perform specialist wheelchair and seating assessments and communicate relevant medical information, assessment details and advice and recommendations across agencies following the Trust's guidelines for sharing of information and informed consent.
* To be an active member of the Wheelchair Services for the area.
* To provide a high quality, service user focused assessment and prescription of manual and powered wheelchairs. To maximise function and independence by modifying standard equipment and prescribing appropriate pressure relief.
* To build up and maintain key relationships with referring services, facilitating appropriate referrals and prescriptions to the service.
* To be responsible for the supervision of junior staff and students.
* To work in a variety of settings including clinics, community centres, and client's own homes within the guidelines of the Lone Worker Policy and individual team requirements.
* To participate in clinical governance activity, including CPD and developing and implementing quality improvements and audit activity within the service.
* Work is carried out predominantly in clinics but also in people's homes and schools and day centres.
Who we are looking for:
*Degree in Occupational Therapy
*Post graduate experience in physical health
*Not essential, but preferable, UK Drivers Licence with access to a vehicle
Post holders will engage in the supervision process, be responsible for their ongoing Continuing Professional Development, and have responsibilities in communicating their learning to colleagues.
What we offer you:
*A competitive salary with London Weighting.
*Employer contributions into a NHS pension and existing NHS pension
*Company mobile phone and tablet
*Free on-site parking
*Company vehicles provided for visits
For more information, please contact Simon on 0207 613 7587.